Make Time for Reflection
Mr. Sherlock Holmes had a way of solving difficult puzzles. His methods give us a glimpse into the power of mindfulness and reflection. Recent research shows that in as little as 15 minutes a day, we can create impressive changes in how we think and feel. This can lead to a happier outlook and an increase in productivity in our work. Even memory is improved.
New Year/New You!
The New Year is a good time for reflection and mindfulness. Take ten or fifteen minutes today and ask yourself these questions to get you started in a habit of refection and mindfulness.
- What do you want to achieve in 2013?
- What specific actions will you take to help you accomplish your goals in 2013?
- Will the work you are doing today get you to where you want to be in 3 years?
- What would you regret not doing in your life?
- What are your deepest values? Are you living a life that reflects these values?
Though the views expressed above are solely the writer’s, Riverside Medical Center supports “The Dose with Dr. Goodhook” and is partnering with Adventures in Medicine to create an open, inspiring and insightful community for residents and physicians. Click here to learn more about ways thatRiverside Medical Center is making practice purposeful.
About the Author Michelle Mudge-Riley, DO, MHA is the Founder of Physicians Helping Physicians (www.phphysicians.com).